9.02.2010

Fan Fridays: Can Do, DIY spirit

I have been blown away by the DIY decor I've been seeing on the blogsphere this past week.  I love perfectly personalized furniture & sprucing up what you've already got.

This week, instead of a usual Etsy shop or fashion trend, I am featuring some really cool furniture thats been spruced up in the most amazing way.  A few with a common household object & one in an uncommon color:


  1. This faux zinc frame from Mustard Seed Creations rocks my mis-matched socks! Can you believe its made from tin foil & a paint glaze? I can't either!
  2. Can you believe the color of this table?  From In His Grip, this side table is made in a traditional spray paint-then-distress fashion with a bubble gum pink pop! I love this color.  It would brighten up any place!
  3. Finally, this night stand is done the same way as the frame.  Mandi from Vintage Revival took tinfoil & modge podge & created this master piece then aged it with glaze. 
These projects are so great! I think my childhood nightstand is going to get a makeover.  Now to decide which way to go.....

Check out Cross My Hooks for a fun update on my senior art project for our senior show in May.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my cute little pink table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Moe, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It is much appreciated. Love your blog and your Fan Friday picks. Aren't they great. Hope to see you again. Karie
    @ karieschiccreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..Following from bloghop...would love to have you follow back!
    Please feel free to enter my $35 CSN Gift Certificate Giveaway.
    http://funfritzfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing my frame! I loved how it turned out and cant' wait to try this technique some more. I'll have to check out the side table. That is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I'm your newest follower via Boost your blog Friday.

    Looking forward to reading more from you.

    Marie (hope you'll come by for a visit sometime, I love new followers.)
    The Things We Find Inside

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I love &value each & every one! If you have a question, I will respond as soon as I can. Don't be afraid to shoot me an email! If you have a blog, I will pop on by :)